Each year Emery Federal Credit Union selects students to receive scholarships ranging from $1000 to $500 to attend either a two or four year accredited college or university in the United States.
If you are an active Emery Federal Credit Union member and plan on attending college in the fall of 2018, we encourage you to apply between March 1 and April 30.
Three $1,000 and two $500 scholarships will be awarded annually for attending either a two or four year accredited college or university.
- Applicant must be an active Emery Federal Credit Union Member.
- Must be planning to attend a two or four year college in the fall as a full-time student.
- Emery Federal Credit Union Employees, Board Members and their immediate famailies are not eligible.
Criteria for Winning the Scholarship
The Scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Community involvement
- Financial need
- Completion of a 300-word essay explaining why the Credit Union is important to their family and themselves
- Letters of recommendation – minimum of three
- Scholarship check will be made payable to the recipient at the beginning of each term. To receive the check, send a copy of the original bill and/or a list of classes to: Scholarship Emery FCU to the address below.
- At the end of the term, send a copy of an official report card to Scholarship Emery Federal Credit Union.
- Grade point average must be 2.5 or greater
To apply you must complete an Emery Federal Credit Union Scholarship Application.
Please mail the application to:
Emery Federal Credit Union
P. O. Box 498967
Cincinnati, OH 45249-8967
Attention: Scholarship Selection Committee
Or you may email a PDF form back to our office at email@example.com
The application must be postmarked no later than April 30.
Decisions will be made by May 31st. You will be notified by mail within two weeks after that date.