Brian Thomas & Todd Cain Discuss Equifax Data Breach Incident
If you have a credit report, there’s a good chance that you’re one of the 143 million American consumers whose sensitive personal information was exposed in a data breach at Equifax, one of the nation’s three major credit reporting agencies.
What does this mean to Emery Federal Credit Union Members?
If you have an account with us, please know that we are constantly monitoring all of our members accounts and take every precaution to lock down your sensitive and personal information. However, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 513.530.9351 or email us at email@example.com.
How to stay ahead of the Cybersecurity threats
Now more than ever, consumers need to protect their personal, financial, and medical information at all times, as these types of threats are real and can cause potential problems for anyone trying to restore a stolen identity or account number.
In January 2016, Emery Federal Credit Union added Identity Theft Protection services to our checking account options to help our members – and their families – stay ahead of potential breaches, threats and overall personal security.
Emery’s Secure and Rewards Secure checking accounts provide protection for our members, joint account holders, spouse, dependent children to age 25 and parents living in the same household as the account owner, for any identity fraud event, financial or otherwise, anywhere in the world. Even if the event has nothing to do with your account at Emery Federal Credit Union.
Checking Accounts with ID Protection include:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case until your identity is restored.
- Debit and Credit Card Registration (Registration/activation required.)
- Credit File Monitoring¹ – daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports (Registration/activation required.)
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request a new 3-in-1 report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert (Registration/activation required.)
- Credit Score – receive a new single bureau credit score with every new credit report (Registration/activation required) Credit Score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on Equifax data. Third parties may use a different VantageScore or a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness.
- Total Identity Monitoring – monitor of over 1,000 databases. (Registration/activation required.)
- PLUS Cell Phone Protection² – against stolen or damaged phones. As an eligible account holder you receive up to $300 to reimburse the cost of replacing or repairing your device. This protection covers you at home and abroad. (Your most recent month’s cell phone billing must be paid from your Emery Secure Account to be eligible for cell phone protection benefit).